… and thereafter , tha sid wolf lived two years in Agobio , and enterd familiarly into tje houses, going from door to door, neither doing injury to any one nor receiving any…
Church of San Francesco della Pace
The Church of S. Francesco della Pace belongs to the Guild of Masons, Stonecutters and Congener Arts. This little temple represents an essential stage in the Festa dei Ceri ritualities ( here the election of the Captains takes place and the statuettes of saint Ubaldo, Giorgio and Antonio, placed on the top of the Ceri , are kept). The church was built on the cave where, according to tradition, the tamed wolf lived and it took its name ( S. Francis of Peace) when in 1584 the stone on which St. Francis prayed after the pact of peace with the wolf was taken here and became the altar stone.
In the crypt it is possible to see a sarcophagus which, according to tradition, is from the tomb of the wolf.